Friday 9 October 2015

Test Work


During my interim critique, Shaun suggested printing out an image of something being projected onto skin and then projecting the same image onto itself. I set this up and then photographed the layering.




I printed out an image of the double-layered photograph and then projected onto it again - so that there were three layers of the same image.

I like how the act of layering the same image on itself over and over again starts to form correlations with the idea of layers of skin.




I put glad-wrap over a print of one of my photographs trying to emulate the style of Jacqueline Fraser's 'The Making of American Gangster'.
How the light reflected off of the plastic was interesting. The plastic could represent layers of skin.








Making an image using Fong Qi Wei's Techniques.
I like how this image looks like sun rays, but also how it could reference tanning/skin colour.




Making a collage on Photoshop in the style of Scott Hazard.
This looks like pencil shavings! Also, the cells look very disconnected from the skin.





After my collage in Photoshop in the style of Scott Hazard didn't turn out right, I looked at creating this collage using the analogue technique of cut-and-paste.
This feels much more visceral than the digital versions and I like the imperfect nature of it. I also think the reveal of the cells is much more believable.

No comments:

Post a Comment