Tuesday 13 October 2015

Week 12 Test Concepts

Looking at Hue/Saturation, cropping, and layout:










Looking at creating montages:

Inspiration: Work by Natalie Nicklin


Looking at using a Natalie Nicklin style of overlaying



Inspiration: From the Daniel Regan typeB photo series


Looking at breaking up the circle



Looking at Fong Qi Wei's techniques again



Looking at overlaying text like my some of my first works



Inspiration: "Asterisms are star patterns. Artist Christopher Willey created his asterisms by mapping the freckles and moles of his friends."

Using dots in the style of Christopher Willey



Inspiration

Inspiration

Looking at using a style like astronomy maps to represent moles and sunspots



Inspiration

Inspiration

Looking at trying to make my images feel like scientific specimens




Inspiration

Inspiration

Inspiration

Inspiration

Looking at putting a mole map on the image



Going back to looking at overlaying scientific text - like some of my earlier work

Cropping into the shape of text

Cutting text out of the image



Cropping into the shape of a mole




- I tried out all of these concepts to see if I could find a way to enhance my images and the ideas within them with digital montage, but I think they are overcooking my ideas and making them too obvious. I like that my photographs are ambiguous and have a simple elegance. These feel too forced and start to look amateurish. I don't like that most of these concepts really start to hide or break up the photograph as the textures, shapes, and colours in the photograph are the most important thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment